Scott & George wanted to get an early start today so we hooked up at 6:00 A.M. It was nice to finally have the launch open this morning and we wasted no time dropping in. They even put the docks in while I was out too! The last few days had high heat & humidity but a cold front came through overnight dropping the temps considerably lower than I wanted. I knew we would have our work cut out for us until it heated up! Winds were blowing out of the NE, gusting to 20 knots and causing 2 to 3 footers where we began. Although the bite was slow, they still managed to land several decent northerns before I relocated. It was a little bumpy getting to our second spot but once we arrived, the reels started screaming. Fish after fish came aboard and they were finally getting into the numbers that I had hoped for. I covered plenty of water looking for walleye and managed to pick at them in between the pike. Eventually the winds laid down and the bite got even better. So much so that we even had a few doubles! With the weather changing for the good, I decided to return to our original location in hopes of better success. It was like night & day when we arrived! Almost flat calm and water temps were up 5 degrees. It didn’t take long before we were into fish and they were frequent. Both walleye & pike were eating our baits and we even had a smallie in the mix. The day was passing by fast and Scott wanted to do a little drop shotting and tubing so I headed to a slightly deeper reef. It was here that we finished our day with a number of walleye and a few bass. Unfortunately they were both mixed in and I had no control. Friday signifies the bass opener and I will be back out targeting them. Along with the bass, I will continue to target pike & walleye and possibly even sturgeon! Plenty of open dates are still available for this month and with the weather finally looking like summer, the fishing should be great! With any luck, the water may even recede a bit and clear up, but probably not!!